Last Modified: January 2019
Information we collect
We collect a variety of information about our customers (friends) and visitors to the Website.
Information Collected Automatically: Whenever you visit our Website, we automatically collect (non invasive) information about you. This includes your use of our Website and the device you use to access our Website, for example, your IP address, the type of operating system and web browser you use and related information; and your activities on our Website, such as the pages you visit.
Information you provide to us
if you provide us with Personal Information by filling out a form or contacting us, we collect that Personal Information. For example, if you send us a contact form, we collect your name, phone number, e-mail address;
- if you contact us with regards to a customer service query, you may also provide us with Personal Information that we collect. From time-to-time, Barrow HR may give you the opportunity to participate in surveys on our Website;
- if you participate, we will collect certain Personal Information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary (promise) and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose the requested information; and
- if you take the opportunity to review our services, *flutters eyelashes*, or participate in public forums associated with the Website, we will collect Personal Information in any such reviews, posts or comments. Note that these will be public so you should use care before posting information about yourself online (that’s just good advice in general).
Additional Information We Collect: From time to time, we may acquire additional information about our customers from third parties, such as Google Analytics and third parties that assist us in the provision of products and services requested by you.
Our Website uses “cookies” and files that are similar to cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers created by your browser at our request and stored on your computer. Cookies help us to distinguish you from other uses of our Website. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them, see our Cookies Policy.
Where we store data
Barrow HR transfers, processes and stores data about you on servers located in a number of countries, for example, where we subcontract processing to, or share your Personal Information with, third parties for the below purposes. Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence, and be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence. By using the Website and providing us with your Personal Information, you are consenting to the transfer, processing and storage of your Personal Information in countries outside of your country of residence.
Use of information
We use the information that we collect about you for the following (totally legitimate and normal) purposes:
- to maintain and improve our Website, including personalising your online experience and ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- operate our business, including the provision to you of information, products and services that you request and other transactional or administrative updates;
- inform you about products and services that we offer and that are similar to those you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you with information about products and services we feel may interest you (where you have consented to receiving such communications);
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to make our future marketing efforts more effective; and
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
We may also combine the information which you provide to us (such as your email address) with information which we collect about you (such as your phone number) and/or receive from other sources, and use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
Communications from Barrow HR: If you do not want to receive email communications from Barrow HR, you can click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of our emails (don’t call and tell us though, we hate goodbyes). We may still contact you via mail or phone, unless you request to be added to our Do-Not-Call list, and/or our Do-Not-Mail list by contacting us using the below details and indicating your preferences. Please be sure to provide your exact name, e-mail address, mailing address and telephone number(s) and the list or lists you would like to be included on (Do-Not-Call, and/or Do-Not-Mail). Even if you opt-out of email marketing or choose to be placed on one of these lists, we may still communicate with you using any of these methods for those non-marketing purposes set out above in the ‘Use of Information’ section.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards reasonably necessary to ensure the protection of your Personal Information against loss, misuse, disclosure and alteration. For example, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt the information you enter in the Website. (Basically, it takes a lot of effort to break into this fortress.)
Notwithstanding the above, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Barrow HR contact details
07702 302 072
Data Protection Enquiries,
Barrow HR, Capel Isaac House, Penclawdd.
Gower. Swansea SA4 3JQ
When writing to us, please be sure to include your exact name, mailing address, telephone number and specific preferences or request (but nothing so specific it gets weird)